Modifying UK Light Cannon for use with Li-Po battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Progen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Now I've gotten into this multirotor thing recently and noticed that the 3S ones should be able to produce a voltage that's around where eight "C" cells will be so has anyone tried soldering leads from the contacts on the Light Cannon head to a male XT60 or something?

I'm still looking for a permanent place to move so my stuff are all in boxes and I'm not about to start opening all of them to hunt for the light and hobby stuff to try. Not just yet. :D

No one? Now I don't mind risking mine to try it but can someone make some suggestions on the on / off switch since the stock one seems to be a simple plastic arm flipping a contact strip to complete the circuit.

The switch will still be there and should not be an issue. Seems like it could work.
8x1.45v (full charge) = 11.6v; or full alkaline 8x1.5v = 12v
vs 3S = 12.6v
So you will be a bit over volt, AND it will stay up there longer. Not sure what that will do to the circuitry.
You also will not have any low cut-off unless the light simply shuts down at a safe lower voltage. I can't advise on that either.
The NiMh cells are probably ~2000mA, couldn't find any specs for the pack.

Back
Top Bottom