MOLASSES REEF, wednesday, 7/7/14, some pixs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
CORRECT THAT DATE TO 7/9/14!! seeking good visibility and avoiding forecasted afternoon storms(which materialized) we departed the dock early and elected to stay close and attempt the wrecks or deep reefs(duane/bibb/deep MO). very strong offshore currents called for a plan B. majority of dive operators @ FRENCH REEF inorder to avoid the flow so we cruised to shallow MO for solitude and better viz! sunshine, light winds and nearly calm seas. #1: MOLASSES buoy B9(southernmost mooring ball), strong NE current, blue water viz 60-70FT, 85F @ 25-38FT. despite the current, enjoyable dive, we had this exposed portion of MO to ourselves. #2: relocated north to buoy M25(logans run), mdt current(outgoing tide), blue viz decaying to 50FT, 86F@ 25-40FT. numerous black/nassau groupers, nurse sharks, eagle ray, tarpon, snook, various snappers. pixs from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 94
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 71
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 78
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 73
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 72
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 62
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 66
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 57
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 65
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 67
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 73
  • m12.jpg
    m12.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 65
  • m13.jpg
    m13.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 58
  • m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 70
  • m15.jpg
    m15.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 73
Tim what settings did you use for pix 1 ? Thnx

Tim what settings did you use for pix 1 ? Thnx

ISO 200, 10mm, f6.3, 1/320 sec. Then I added a gradient in Lightroom of about -3/4 of an fstop to tone down the sun.

Beautiful work, sir. #4 & #10 are especially enjoyable.

Tim, wow. The first two reef photos are gorgeous. I'm particularly fond of the photos of the 3 Coneys, the Green Moray and reef, and the beautiful shot of the Scrawled Filefish.

And....I'm still waiting for your and reefman's, Pictoral Guide to the Dives of Key Largo, you certainly have the photos.

Appreciatively, Craig

Tim, wow. The first two reef photos are gorgeous. I'm particularly fond of the photos of the 3 Coneys, the Green Moray and reef, and the beautiful shot of the Scrawled Filefish.

And....I'm still waiting for your and reefman's, Pictoral Guide to the Dives of Key Largo, you certainly have the photos.

Appreciatively, Craig
Thank you Craig. Since I left the newspaper I have been working on a series of publications based on my scuba diving columns from the last 3 years. Stay tuned, it's getting close to launch. I appreciate your encouraging words very much.

---------- Post added July 15th, 2014 at 05:55 PM ----------

Awesome pics!
Thank you TampaScuba!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom