Molest any wildlife lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we can all agree that whale sharks are one of the truly awesome creatures of the sea. I have been lucky enough to see one on a dive. Is merely touching a whale shark harmful to it in any way? Who knows for sure? It might cause it stress though no apparent physical harm. So why don't we just err on the side of caution and watch but don't just. It's still truly amazing.

Missdirected:
Oh geeze Arch, I saw an eyeball and a mouth :shocked:. Guess it was looking at the clouds, you can see all sorts of things.

Personally, I do not know what happened there. To me, it looked like the chance of a lifetime. However, from the pics it looks as though people allowed themselves to become out of check/overhwhelmed by its presence and mishandled the shark. It seems they may have stopped thinking.

It did look sort of like the rare and dangerous blimpy nosed snorkel shark!

Actually I thought is was a snorkeler womans butt!:mooner:

apexmllp:
This is crazy. You are saying that these people are molesting an animal that is 10 times the size of them. In my opinion they are doing the same thing that the majority of divers would do ( notice I said the majority because I know there are several tree huggers out there). I understand and agree that you are all originally upset about the octopus on the "O" but damn, don't take it out on a once in a life time dream. From what I have heard there were several operators in the area that swam with this shark and no one injured the shark. If the shark felt threatened it could have easily just left. As for as blaming this on any agency is ludicrous. My only problem with the whole situation is that I am jealous that I was not there for the encounter.

Interesting first post from a screen name started today. :no

Back
Top Bottom