Molokini En'e Nu'i and 5 Graves 09/05/2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went out with BBscuba.com on Wed for another 2 great dives. I was diving with Blesi again and it was exactly what I expected. I saw stuff I never would have found on my own (some of it even if I swam over it). So just before we dropped into the ocean they told me a juvi frogfish was being seen in 1 spot on the reef and low-and-behold there it was once we dropped in. He was so cute moving his position around during the dive. I took a few photos of him but was startled by the White Tip Reef Shark we saw swimming by. He went under a rock and after a minute or so he emerged and slowly swam away. We encountered the typical reef fish in Molokini during the rest of the dive but it was so cool diving the crator with such great vis and blue water. It's magical! After we had a nice long dive we headed over to 5 Graves and again I was told they had been seeing some Harlequin Shrimp in some Antler Coral and amazingly Blesi took me right there and we found them! They were so cute!!! Then we headed around the reef and Blesi found a Viper Moray in-between 2 rocks... We then cruised on and saw a Spotted Eagle Ray off in the distance, a Sponge Crab sitting near a rock, and a large Tiger Moray and a few Zebra Morays. Between dives we feasted on cookies, sweet bread sandwiches, CC cookies, and Brad served everyone drinks! I can't wait to get back!!

Here are my photos:

_DSC0002.jpg

_DSC0005.jpg

_DSC0009.jpg

_DSC0018.jpg

_DSC0019.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

_DSC0090.jpg

_DSC0107.jpg

_DSC0127.jpg

_DSC0141.jpg

DSCF0661.jpg

_DSC0030.jpg

_DSC0043.jpg

_DSC0071.jpg

_DSC0095.jpg

Sean

Check out SP's U/W Photo of the Day

Thanks everyone! It's so great diving off a boat vs. a shore dive! :) The Viper was really hiding so he seemed even less intimidating in this instance. If he were moving his head around going in and out I would have been more apprehensive ! I didn't touch him even with his passive behavior!

Sean

Sean, GREAT shots..... what kinda set up were you using?? Did you have a macro setting for the shrimp??

I was having issues this weekend with my Canon A620 and getting some pictures of a Spanish Shawl.

Have to admit something... one of the things I REALLY want to do when I get to Maui is get some shots of a frog fish... I think they are awesome looking creatures.

Nice pics...we did the same two dives with Brad and Blesi on 9/2 and I have pics of the same juvi frog and the shrimp...unfortunately, my pics aren't nearly as nice as yours.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom