Monitoring multiple divers (on POD's) with Eon Steel/Core?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
One of the things we heard (as a great thing) was you can monitor up to 10 transmitters /POD's on the Suunto Eon computers. I gave my husband my Eon Steel and he got me the Eon Core (the steel was too heavy/large to comfortably use). As we plan to head out on vaycay next week -we can't figure out how to set it up so we can see each others air.

Well, he doesn't need to see mine - but I want to keep an eye on his (uses more air and take photos for-evah' in the shallows at end of the dive....I need food by then so eagerly waiting for him to get low enough to end the dive at 8 feet....). That is my story and I am sticking to it :)

I have been all over the user guide and it appears to say that I have to change my own gas (to different pods) which would/may change my gas consumption if I am suddenly registering HIS air (about 1K lower than mine mid dive). Seeking details on how we can get this accomplished seamlessly without impacting our dive profiles....

Hi,

To do this, all you need to do is link all the Pods with all the computers and assign them to a gas.

In essence you are diving multiple gasses.

However to see each others gas under water, you'll go to the gas menu (as though you're changing gasses) and get to see all the transmitters there (and see what pressure they're reading.

If you want to monitor the persons gas during the dive, then you would select their transmitter and that's what pressure the computer will display.

The Eon doesn't display more than one pressure at a time (something users have been long complaining about) like say the Shearwater or the old lynx

If you wish to do this (my wife and I have inadvertently done this on our Eon's when she selected my transmitter) it's best to mark the transmitters (I use a paint marker) with the last 4 digits of the serial number so you can identify which is which

The other way of course, you'll be familiar with as a Pro and that is to take a mental note of the difference in gas pressure compared to yours during the dive and so by looking at your contents have a good idea what their contents roughly are.

Also a sharp pointy stick to gently (but annoyingly) constantly prod hubby when you've had enough might encourage him to surface when you're ready :)

Hope that helps

Safe Diving

Hi,

To do this, all you need to do is link all the Pods with all the computers and assign them to a gas.

In essence you are diving multiple gasses.

However to see each others gas under water, you'll go to the gas menu (as though you're changing gasses) and get to see all the transmitters there (and see what pressure they're reading.

If you want to monitor the persons gas during the dive, then you would select their transmitter and that's what pressure the computer will display.

The Eon doesn't display more than one pressure at a time (something users have been long complaining about) like say the Shearwater or the old lynx

If you wish to do this (my wife and I have inadvertently done this on our Eon's when she selected my transmitter) it's best to mark the transmitters (I use a paint marker) with the last 4 digits of the serial number so you can identify which is which

The other way of course, you'll be familiar with as a Pro and that is to take a mental note of the difference in gas pressure compared to yours during the dive and so by looking at your contents have a good idea what their contents roughly are.

Also a sharp pointy stick to gently (but annoyingly) constantly prod hubby when you've had enough might encourage him to surface when you're ready :)

Hope that helps

Safe Diving

Love the pointy stick idea :poke: :clapping:

Thanks for answering this, as I have also been wanting to know the answer :)

Also I would assume it not to be a good idea to select the other person gas to monitor (not when just checking in the menu, but actually making a gas switch), because would the algorithm not work differently seeing more gas being used (by the hubby in this case?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom