Monroe Dive Center - Quarry (MI)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick I give you a lot of credit for trying to change the mindset of one of the dive shop owners on our side of town. Being proactive has not been part of their vocabulary. I continue to say kudos to Rich at Divers Inc for what he is doing at Whitestar. This is one of the reasons why I will probably add a few extra days down there this season verse going to another quarry or just diving the river.

Keep us informed on Memphis. It is a great location for folks coming from Detroit and from Flint.

I talked to Bruno today and he said that when they dove the quarry site in Memphis, it had really bad viz and was not a viable site. He also said that he was looking into another site somewhere near Yale, either way, at four bucks a gallon, anything closer is better.

Has anyone ever dove in Hewitt's Pit in the Comstock hills near Croswell? We used to camp there when I was a kid and I remember it to be pretty clear but it's been about 30 years since I have been there.

any updates on the Monroe quarry? the website doesn't seem to work any more? Is the quarry still being dived in?

any updates on the Monroe quarry? the website doesn't seem to work any more? Is the quarry still being dived in?

AFAIK it's still closed for diving. The dive shop is gone and the only diving I've seen done in it is when local law enforcement were looking for a body from a murder case which was eventually found elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom