Monroe Dive Center - Quarry (MI)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they are going to be building a new seawall, that should wipe out visibility for this summer.

Assuimg it is even open for diving. The original website is gone.
Hoping for more news soon.

You will notice that that news article was written in Feb. With the housing bust and other economic factors. Maybe those plans have been scrapped and it is just going to be a diving quarry. Once again.

You will notice that that news article was written in Feb. With the housing bust and other economic factors. Maybe those plans have been scrapped and it is just going to be a diving quarry. Once again.

I doubt it, I'm sure they have a lot invested in it. Maybe that dive shop bought or leased a lot or something and are going to move their dive shop there and will have it open to the public to dive. I hope so that would be a nice place to have available to go.

It seems the developers have a website now (assuming this is the same quarry lake). Which is unfortunate because I was really looking forward to getting in some dives up there this summer. Has anyone tried contacting LDS's in the area for more info?

You can get to the website by typing in Quarry Lake Monroe Michigan. There is a contact information section. I think I'll register and try to find out what are the plans for diving.

After looking at their web site it looks like it will be a private lake, I doubt they will let a LDS set up shop and let a bunch of people come there to dive.

I believe we put in around numbers 7 or 8. Again I will be interested to hear the response from the shop. Hopefully someone from Monroe will post an update. Until then I will be heading down to Whitestar and Gilboa (once this nasty sinus thing clears up--you folks with allergies, I do not know how you handle sinus issues. I am crippled. Yesterday the right side of my head was slammed, today the left.)

Busdriver - My Rescue class is scheduled for our open water dives at Whitestar next Saturday. My sympathies on the sinus problem. I had deviated septum/turbinate surgery at Ohio State last summer and it made a world of difference for my diving. Loratadine (claritin) or zyrtec works for me if I'm having a bad allergy day. Hope to meet you at the quarries!

Back
Top Bottom