Monroe Dive Center - Quarry (MI)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awesome pic's rick, how was the vis that day? from the pic it looks really clear.

About 20 feet, it was pretty good. Steve said he's got plans to harvest a truck load of zebra mussels this Tuesday and dump them into the quarry which should clean it right up. I'd expect clarity to improve to 100 feet at least over the next couple of weeks.

rickd,

What kind of camera is that by the way? Those are great pics. It was pretty overcast when you took those too.

If seacow would ever make an appearance he'd know what the vis was like . . .

I was wondering if anyone is planning on being at the quarry this Sunday morning. I have yet to go diving in Monroe and have a few hours on Sunday morning and would like to get a dive or two in.

rickd,

What kind of camera is that by the way? Those are great pics. It was pretty overcast when you took those too.

If seacow would ever make an appearance he'd know what the vis was like . . .

i got down to monroe today and the vis seems to get better every time i get in. Btw thanks Brandon, those building were awesome, like always :D!

I was wondering if anyone is planning on being at the quarry this Sunday morning. I have yet to go diving in Monroe and have a few hours on Sunday morning and would like to get a dive or two in.

call monroe dive center, and ask for Brandin. he normally can make a dive or two on weekends. it really depends on whats going on at the quarry. the # is 734-457-3483. if you get an answering machine, dont fret. leave a message, they're return your call.

The quarry is in an in between phase. I spoke with Brandin on Saturday and we decided not to give it a go. It was iced over but getting slushy (i.e. not the best situation to walk on the ice and cut a whole in the ice). Go to Dive Monroe Michigan Scuba Diving Ohio Scuba Diving Training Quarry Indiana Scuba Diving and drop him a note. He usually gets back to you within 12 hours. With the change in weather the quarry should be close to thumbs up.

Bus

hey guys, i talked to Brandin this morning. he said that he was going to wait another week to get things in line for the summer then it will be open. :O can't wait!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom