Certified and excited…from the diving Mecca of Phoenix, Arizona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeylee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all! I am not new to Scubaboard.com but my dive certification sure is. 🙂 A buddy and I went to St. Croix, USVI, mid-April for the express purpose of getting Open Water scuba certified with Sweet Bottom dive shop. The Open Water arrangements were made for many months, but we asked the dive shop a couple of weeks before the trip if we could also do Advanced Open Water certification. With three certification dives per day, instead of the usual two, and two excellent instructors, they were able to accommodate our request. If you go to St. Croix, USVI, I strongly suggest Sweet Bottom dive shop. The knowledge we gained and sights we saw were unbelievable. Now, it is on to lots of practice to improve on the skills learned. I have lots to improve on in buoyancy and I suck air like a maniac. Those sound like two good things to work on.

The all beach, no ocean state! Salute from Cave Country in North Central Florida.

Welcome! I got certified in Phoenix way back in the day. Did my check out dives in the pea soup that is Saguaro Lake. Haven't been diving there since. :)

Welcome to diving. Do you think you'll get down to Puerto Penasco? I've been there twice, unfortunately prior to getting certified.

That's great! I have no idea what you've been doing on SB since 2006 without having been OW certified, but welcome to the dark side.

That's great! I have no idea what you've been doing on SB since 2006 without having been OW certified, but welcome to the dark side.
I did a Discover Scuba in Florida in 2006. The experience really sucked but I really liked the idea of diving, so I signed up here. I was too financially and time challenged to take a chance on scuba being as sucky as the Discover Scuba experience. Fast forward 17 years to a new, but fabulous, Discover Scuba experience and I am jazzed about exciting…and learn I had very old account here. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😁

Welcome to diving. Do you think you'll get down to Puerto Penasco? I've been there twice, unfortunately prior to getting certified.
I have never been there. But, I would have to find out if Puerto Penasco is warm or cold water. My goal is warm water diving only.

Welcome! I got certified in Phoenix way back in the day. Did my check out dives in the pea soup that is Saguaro Lake. Haven't been diving there since. :)
I believe I am going to have to practice in Lake Pleasant…oh, yeah. BUT, I have to improve the skills. 😄

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom