Monterey 11/7-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone up for shore and/or boat diving this weekend?

I plan to dive Lobos with a buddy on 11/9-10.

Me probably if you want to shore dive. I was an hour late from picking my son up at hockey practice yesterday due to a really bad accident on 156, so I need to make sure I am out of Monterey no later than noon on both days (saturday I could probably stay later than sunday)

I found a place in town that will rent kayaks to divers for $30 a day. About Us - Contact Info and Locations I am up for learning kayak diving if anyone is interested.

My information is a little dated, but we checked a few places on kayak rentals before, and most of the places we found weren't great solutions (you couldn't pay for the rental and take the kayak with you, you had to launch on site, and some didn't allow dive gear). Aquarius Del Monte does have a couple of dive kayaks available for rent. We did that once and had a great time, launching from BW and paddling out to the Hopkins marine preserve in front of the Aquarium for a nice dive. Yak diving out in Monterey is a lot of fun :)

Nice to know ABTS is another option!

Me probably if you want to shore dive. I was an hour late from picking my son up at hockey practice yesterday due to a really bad accident on 156, so I need to make sure I am out of Monterey no later than noon on both days (saturday I could probably stay later than sunday)

I usually leave my house at 9 AM and arrive in Monterey noon-ish. Do you want to try Monastery on Sunday morning with perhaps Lover's as a backup?

My information is a little dated, but we checked a few places on kayak rentals before, and most of the places we found weren't great solutions (you couldn't pay for the rental and take the kayak with you, you had to launch on site, and some didn't allow dive gear). Aquarius Del Monte does have a couple of dive kayaks available for rent. We did that once and had a great time, launching from BW and paddling out to the Hopkins marine preserve in front of the Aquarium for a nice dive. Yak diving out in Monterey is a lot of fun :)

Nice to know ABTS is another option!

I am sure I have read your posts on this. This shop did not advocate diving from their kayaks but did not prohibit it either. I suppose we have to take what we can get.

BYO anchors, ropes and dive flags.

If you're arriving at noon and I have to leave by noon it probably won't work, lol.
Sorry. I generally leave my house at 5:30 am and am home by noon or 1:00.

I usually leave my house at 9 AM and arrive in Monterey noon-ish. Do you want to try Monastery on Sunday morning with perhaps Lover's as a backup?

If you're arriving at noon and I have to leave by noon it probably won't work, lol.
Sorry. I generally leave my house at 5:30 am and am home by noon or 1:00.

Sorry, I wasn't specific. I will arrive in Monterey at noon on Saturday and spend the night. I can dive anytime on Sunday.

FishDiver: you again! I was planning on trying Lobos on Friday, maybe staying overnight and doing a shore dive Saturday. But it looks like conditions will start deteriorating on Friday so I plan to keep checking the forecasts.

Looks like the sea conditions will kill these plans too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom