monterey dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matthewjen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay this will be my first trip report that I have put on this board, but this trip had alot of firsts:D so I figured it was time to share.Left the house at 4:30 am thurs morning, got to be dedicated right. So one of the firsts was that this time My wife and I decided to take our boat to reach other dive sites that we have heard about, the second thing that was new to us was diving sites by GPS #'s thanks to chuck's web page that I found on this site. Chuck although I have never met you you were a great dive buddy that day. So dive #1 was great we went to aumentos and missed the main rock described in chucks notes but there was life everywhere tons of rockfish everywhere and the vis was the best I have had in monterey 30 to 40 '. Dive ended after 46 min. @45' pretty cool found the anchor rope thanks to the vis. Dive #2 was at the metridium fields, we have definitely been there before but we were wanting to try the gps #'s and its nice not to have to use air swimming out the pipe. vis was alot less but we were right in the middle of the field so we visited a couple of the the rock heads and saw some of the tallest metridiums we have seen. We got cold pretty fast on this dive (thats what they mean by wetsuit) so we ended with a short 25 min dive at 66'. stayed the night in town and had one more dive planned so fri morning we took off with a different set of numbers in hand this time for shale island off of del monte beach area ,but don't get me wrong this site is like a half mile or more off the beach, can't swim to this one. So we dropped the hook and actually landed right on top of our site thanks again to chuck's site.We took off on our dive and discovered this place was really neat like a flat table top rock that was huge and it had undercut edges that hid all kinds of life. some places on the rock had up to 10 ' of rise and the shale that makes up this bottom gave it the appearance of a huge dagwood sandwich. Ended this dive after 40mins at 60' max. Great time had on all dives looking forward to putting these skills to test in warmer water though, like say 25f warmer see ya later headed to COZUMEL next week :D.

There's nothing quite like the glow of satisfaction, when you take on a challenge and pull it off neatly, is there? Glad you guys found all the things you went to see -- we haven't been that lucky in all the dives we've done off OUR boat! :)

There's nothing quite like the glow of satisfaction, when you take on a challenge and pull it off neatly, is there? Glad you guys found all the things you went to see -- we haven't been that lucky in all the dives we've done off OUR boat! :)

You got that right, it also helps make the fresh fish tacos taste even better.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom