Monterey Pics 1-31-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on the kelp greenling shot! I find those to be some of the most skittery fish in the sea . . . I hardly get to LOOK at them as much as I like, let alone get one to hold still for a portrait!

Very nice. Almost makes me want to go dive cold water.

Thanks, Lynne and Dennis. Lynne, just be patient. They tend to hang out in a general area, so when I see one zipping about I kind of watch where it comes back to and wait there quietly. Sometimes if you're not moving, they'll settle right in front of you. This time of year seems to be their mating season. We've been seeing a lot of them in groups.

Nice nudis... I like the shot of the tube hermit crab too.

Been too long since Fuggler and I have dove Monterey... maybe this weekend.

Nice nudis... I like the shot of the tube hermit crab too.

Been too long since Fuggler and I have dove Monterey... maybe this weekend.

Thanks, Max. It's not looking great, but it looks diveable. Carol is doing a couple of deep deco dives with Phil Sammet today and tomorrow, so I don't know if she'll be up to going down again on Saturday, but if my housing arrives today we might head down just so I can hit Backscatter for port and gear, a fresh dual cord and T-mounts for my flex arms. (aaack! did anybody see that $800 that just flew out of my wallet?!!!!) That sucking sound you hear is the underwater photography money vortex working up some steam.

Very nice pics, thanks for sharing.
Sometimes I want to take a tiny little blower or brush with me here in Southern California to dust off some of the nudis that can't seem to keep dirt off of their backs. :D

Bill

Wonderful set Larry!! Superb nudibranchs (great collection of white ones) and I love that hermit crab!! ++Ken++

Thanks, Ken.
Sometimes I want to take a tiny little blower or brush with me here in Southern California to dust off some of the nudis that can't seem to keep dirt off of their backs. :D

Bill
I agree, Bill. I think those Monterey Dorids are velcro or something. I don't know if the dirt just sticks to them, or they grow it. Maybe one of those out of work featherdusters that Swiffer is replacing would suit up for photo assistant duty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom