Montreal Olympic Stadium 50ft deep pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would seem pointless to ask for FQAS permit since it's not an Natural Environment Dive. No?

(lol i resurrected this thread) Rise from the ashes

IMHO, the whole dive is pointless, unless you want to try new equipment in a pool. It gets really crowded in there, that pool is deep but not big.

IMHO, the whole dive is pointless, unless you want to try new equipment in a pool. It gets really crowded in there, that pool is deep but not big.

I'll agree with that. Great for testing out gear or refreshing skills (or keeping fresh over the winter). It's only crowded if everybody wants to hang out on the deepest level at 50ft, but since anything that's in the pool to amuse people is down on the very bottom, that's where everybody goes unless they have something specific that they're practicing.

Would you need a buddy to try out your gear?
I just want to test my gear before I do an actual dive.
I can go to my dad's place and test it in his pool, but 7ft of water is kinda meh.

I can go to my dad's place and test it in his pool, but 7ft of water is kinda meh.

It wouldn't surprise me, the people running the pool have been known to be sticklers.

You can either go there with another instructor or buddy, or join the DSD students and local instructor. This is how I understand it. I am actually going there tonight to test out some new sidemount gear... so I'll let you know what the rules are.

In quebec, regardless of where you are diving pool or open water a FQAS permit is required. Whether or not they will ask you is another question but they have asked me in the past.

They also rent air tanks, for cheaper than most "boutiques".
I will consider a dive here next winter.

Einstein Scuba did my FQAS last July, I became OW through referral last February. BTW, Einstein Scuba just opened a downtown store (officially Oct 1 2011) and Stoni is now a course director.

My 19yr old son, David Derail (used to work at Total Diving on Sherbrooke near Cavendish - some people here may know him) that is now a DM, wants to become an instructor through Stoni, and work at his shop.

I'm posting here to show off that I'm another Montrealer !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom