Mooring Fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldwaterdivergirl

Registered
Reaction score
I just have to post that from the previous NTD thread the responses to the divers leaving the charter boat unatteded to fix a mooring line is incorrect. The boat that I was on with 4 divers and one non diver tending to our boat was moored to the line that they are stating they were fixing. The charter that came up behind us tied off to our boat that was attached to the non broken mooring line and the all divers proceeded to enter the water. Boat captain inculded. There were no tools being passed to any diver as all divers were on the wreck when I was.

Not to start any bashing or arguments. I just want to state that posting false information about fixing mooring lines to defend poor practice should not be posted.

I have a hard time believing your boat captain allowed another charter boat to be tied off directly to their boat without permission and then be left unattended without a prior conversation arranging this.

Are you sure you have a complete understanding of what transpired? What boats/captains were involved in the incident? What day/date was this? What wreck did this happen on?

Thanks in advance for filling in the missing details.

We gave permission to the charter boat to be tied off directly to us. The charter did not ask us permission to leave his boat unattened. It was our personal boat, we were not with a charter. It happened on the Marsh in early August.

As for your question, do I have a complete understanding of what transpired, well I was there and their boat had no one on it, so the answer to that is yes.

Actuallly I am going to call you on this, I spoke with the Captain this evening over this one and he remembers it well, this was the first time he went to the Marsh to look at the mooring line to see what he needed to fix it and asked your Captain to look after the boat, a common practice in Kingston to do so. Harold is the captain's name your dragging through the mud btw, you can call Harold and verify this as well.

How many times was your boat left attended while you dove?

Harold spends alot of his free time and own monies to repair lines and moorings for POW moorings which are used by both POW members and non members alike who just admitted the use of the lines free of charge, now we will that practice of trusting others in the lake.

Many of the boards patrons have dove with Harold over the years, and your the only complaint I ever heard in over 13 years of being in the area.

Just today we had a private boat sink in Kingston left unattended while on the wreck and the charter ops that paid for the lines just like the do in the river and elsewhere waited till they surfaced, when leaving the wreck it took on water and sank, and three divers lost everything they owned Harold and Vinnie where on site on the Wolfe when it happened, Harold looked after the divers on the wreck and Vinnie went to rescue of the other boat, this is the cooperation that these Captains have with each other on the lake. Private boats from the river dont respect the lake as they should and are given nothing but help from all the charter operations in Kingston and Picton.

I also find it funny that you dive with rebreather divers and has no idea where to take a broken wrist seal for repair, divers at that level have friends that can fix anything and at almost anytime. Yet you couldnt find anyone in Toronto to do so, Oakville divers ring a bell to you? I believe they have a commercial operation as well. http://www.oakvilledivers.com/ ask your rebreather buds about them as they have some of the best prices on parts just like Helen does.

Tom R:
Actuallly I am going to call you on this, I spoke with the Captain this evening over this one and he remembers it well, this was the first time he went to the Marsh to look at the mooring line to see what he needed to fix it and asked your Captain to look after the boat, a common practice in Kingston to do so.
Why are you "going to call her on this"?

She says your Captain asked permission to tie up, and then everyone from your boat went for a dive at the same time.

Was everyone off your boat in the water at the same time or not?

This thread is nothing more than a continuation of two previous threads that have been closed. I have PM all concerned on this matter and will now close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom