More Costa Rica Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

splat

New
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know this question has been rephrased a million different ways, but I though I'd go ahead and throw it out there and hopefully you can help me figure this out.

I'm planning a honeymoon to Costa Rica for late June to early July 2010, and we are thinking that it would be fun to get certified while there. We have decided to do the online PADI course and to the practical in CR. I've decided to put half of the trip to diving (1 week). So, there seem to be a lot of companies, and a lot of opinions about which one is best, and which site is best. There seems to be a few reputable companies in the Coco and Hermosa area, which suggests thats a good spot. I've also heard good things about the Isla de Cano. Oh, one last thing, price comparisons would be very much appreciated. Planning a honeymoon is difficult when your out a solid job...

Thanks again!

Hello Splat,

How are you? First of all, congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I,m working as an instructor for Rich Coast Diving and can inform you about diveprograms, prices and all other thinks you would like to know about Costa Rica. Rich Coast Diving is a 5* Padi Instructor Development Center with shops in both Playas del Coco and Playa Hermosa.

Playas del Coco is a busy little fishermenstown with a good share of beach,- and nightlife. If you like your place a bit more quiet and romantic, (since it is your honeymoon) Playa Hermosa might be the best option for you. We can organise you dive packages with hotels in both places.

About the diving. The area around Playas del Coco is considert one of the best in Costa Rica when it comes to diving. The amount and variety of fish is really going to surprise you. There's small underwater life like seahorses and nudibranches, but also the big 'guys' like different kinds of rays and sharks.

We go out by boat every morning around 8.30 for a two tank local dive (all divespots within 20 min boatdrive) and we will return around 1 pm, which means you will have the afternoon off to visit some places in the area or just relax at the beach. We charge $80 for a day of diving. Add $20 if you would like to rent full equipment.

Also, from May untill November we organise trips to the Bat Islands, famous for a close encounter with a Bull Shark. It takes us a little bit more time to get there (approximately 1 hour) and the price is $150 for a two tank dive plus $15 Park fee, since these Islands are considert a National Park. Equipment is not included in this price.

For now, i wish you a lot of fun organising your wedding and honeymoon. Please, let me know if you have any further questions I can help you out with.

Best regards,
Cindy de Bruyn

Martin and Brenda van Gestel
Rich Coast Diving
PADI 5* IDC Center
Playas del Coco
Guanacaste 5019 Costa Rica
Rich Coast Diving - Costa Rica Diving and Adventure
richcoastdiving@windowslive.com
dive@richcoastdiving.com
+506 2670 0176
+506 8391 4890

Hello again Splat,

Oops, in all my diving exitement, i forgot to tell you the price for the waterpart of your Open Water Course. We charge $250 pp for this. That includes 1 day in the swimmingpool and 4 boatdives, divided over 2 days, so you'll be done in 3 days. Of course all material and equipment needed during the course is included as well.

Regards

Cindy de Bruyn

We found these guys to be very accomodating, with good DMs. This is in Playa Hermosa. We stayed at Villa del Sueno, which was nice, and very quiet in April. We walked to the beach or dive shop daily.

Costa Rica Diving Safaris in Playa Hermosa Guanacaste

The diving was good, but got repetitive after 3 days (we did 5) but for new divers would be great. One nice thing is that the diving is only minutes to the sites by boat.

I just got back from Playa Del Coco, Costa Rica last weekend. We used Deep Blue Diving for 3 days of boat diving and they were great. My 14 year old daughter dove with me and they made sure she was safe. The whole crew there is awesome. You can't go wrong with them.

Hi Splat,

Big Congratulations to you and you wife to be, I´m sure you will enjoy diving here in Costa Rica, especially as you are coming at the best time, where the waters are at their clearest and most tranquil. Although we don´t have Carribean visibility, here, we have so much life, and I am sure you will be so impressed with the variety of big and small organisms, ranging from huge rays to tiny sea slugs. The thing I love about Eastern Pacific diving is that you just never know what you´re going to see, every day is a surpise.

Doing all the theory at home is a great idea, then you can just have all the fun in the warm water here.

You are welcome contact us here at Summer Salt Dive Centre in Playas del Coco for more information. We are a small, customer oriented, family run dive business. Currently we have three excelent English speaking instuctors, all with a lot of experience. We would love to introduce you to the marine life of the Papagayo penisula. We have two very fast boats, which give us access to a great variety of dive sites, so if you do your course and love it you can keep exploring many more locations.

The cost of the diving part of the open water course is $250 and includes full insurance and equipment. We will be happy to help you arrange accomodation either here in Playas del Coco, or in the quieter Playa Hermosa.

Cheers, and Pura Vida as they say here

Yasmin

Welcome to Summer Salt Dive Center in Playas des Coco, Costa Rica | Summer Salt

Back
Top Bottom