More daily flights to Bonaire coming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaan

Ask me about DRYFOB
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

Looks like daily non-stop from MIA will be back for Bonaire starting Dec 15 '22. Yey!
Hopefully pricing will also improve with this.

Also in the article: The new flights on American will be complemented by five weekly flights between Atlanta and Bonaire on Delta Air Lines, along with the return of United Airlines’ service from Newark to Bonaire.

Looks like daily non-stop from MIA will be back for Bonaire. Yey!
Hopefully pricing will also improve with this.

Also in the article: The new flights on American will be complemented by five weekly flights between Atlanta and Bonaire on Delta Air Lines, along with the return of United Airlines’ service from Newark to Bonaire.
They've done this normally in December, then stop it again early in the year. Right now the flights have not posted, so are showing only M-W-Sa, with Saturday being more expensive, of course!

They've done this normally in December, then stop it again early in the year. Right now the flights have not posted, so are showing only M-W-Sa, with Saturday being more expensive, of course!
Don't see them on google flights yet, but AA portal seems to show Tue, Thu, and Fri also already.

1666611261318.png

Surprisingly very few seats showing for Fri 23rd Dec. I guess this may be old news already :(

My problem, right now, is getting from Providence to Miami. This weekend the departure from PVD got pushed back 20 minutes while the departure from MIA was pushed forward 15. I now have a 37 minute layover in MIA on my way to BON. All essentials in the carryon!

Erik

Now daily flights also visible on google flights .
1666611923665.png

That's a tight connection for MIA, we have occasionally been stuck waiting on the tarmac for a gate to open up when airport is busy. Should work but I think if it's under 40 mins you can even call and get AA to change it for free if you're ready to spend a night in MIA.

Flying midweek, there are $550 RT options out of Boston I've found.

My problem, right now, is getting from Providence to Miami. This weekend the departure from PVD got pushed back 20 minutes while the departure from MIA was pushed forward 15. I now have a 37 minute layover in MIA on my way to BON. All essentials in the carryon!

Erik
Probably too late now but If you are on the lower end of RI, this might work in the future.

1667272638701.png

Probably too late now but If you are on the lower end of RI, this might work in the future.

View attachment 751280
Indeed many don’t realize that you can Uber from FLL to MIA for about 30-40$. There is even a tri-rail train for cheap.

Those with limited connection times might consider this as a cheaper option than spending the night at an expensive Miami hotel
(off hours this should be a 30 minute drive ... rush hour can be 60 mins or more )

The Miami Airport Hotel isn't expensive, but it's a dump. So is the Airport Holiday Inn. I've overnighted at both recently and did not enjoy either experience. I also found that almost all of the airport restaurants closed by 9PM and the only on site choice after that is Subway. Because it's the only game in town, the line there is quite long as well.

Cool, after the Roatan Invasion, I'm thinking about Little Cayman or Bonaire for the next trip.

Back
Top Bottom