more Eilat questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Satil is at ~25m. Paredise is deeper.

Here is a link to dive centers on the Mediterranean side of Israel. From Medusa to Amfibi, they are all at the Tel-Aviv area. Still I suggest that you go little more to the north as dives are much much better at Haifa and Naharia.
Tel-Aviv area is all but send. On Hifa and Naharia you actually have stuff to look at.
It's a 60 min drive to Haifa and another 45 to Naharia. just make sure you phone the dive centers before as they don't allways have dives during the week days on the Mediterranean.

DJ69 once bubbled...
Tel-Aviv area is all but send. On Hifa and Naharia you actually have stuff to look at.

Oh no... no no no. no.

The area between TA and Natanya has excellent dive spots with beautiful reefs and very interesting and really big underwater formations. There are also numerous wrecks (such as troll boats etc..) and I am not talking about Ze'av Hayam only.

True, that the norther you go the vis is better. But all sand??

(Ari, are you here?? :wink: )

Ari (Ari) and Ari (TheAce) are dive buddies. It is not a split personality case (but it really comes close).

As for the Paradise, I will have to agree with TheAce. The best part of it it at around 25-30 meters.

The Med is a different story, but it is definitely not all sand. Some very nice reefs, some wreck etc. It is more difficult to dive, because most of it should be done from a boat and the visibility is not as good as in the Red. But still, if you like to dive you can find graet spots for it. TheAce is really a good source for MED diving locations.

Ari :)

Near the Sufa missile boat is that since it's at a AOW depth, the area is ruind. The 40m+ is much more preserved.

And BTW Ari X2
Are you coming to Cyprus on september 17 to 21 ?
We are sailing on a Yacht to Larnaca and going to do some diving on the Zenobia wreck.
:wavey:

I am planing to dive there in the near future. A friend just came back and he was very pleased with the diving there...

But, on these dates my wife will be in her 9th month so I have to stay close... :crawl:

Ari once bubbled...
Let me just say that I agree with Vicky that you can have a great dive around the Sufa, especially to the north-east area (Vicky, correct me if I am wrong) called the Paradise. You'll need good directions and a compass to get there. I also like the Sufa itself and find it a rewarding dive.

It is a nice area. I've got way over 50 dives there, and the site is very nice. the boat itself is worth a dive, and the surroundings are in rather good condition and are allways nice to come back to.

you can find a map I made of the area in
http://cloud.prohosting.com/karpion/maps.html
for a diver with your experiance, I would suggest not to go north of the satil at all, or at least not past where you can see the boat - I've ended up within the marina at least twice, and this is in a site I dive nearly every month. as you can see from the map, the area is very flat, and it's easy to get lost. if you insist, I would segest that you take an excursion from the satil - go north, turn around at 150-140 bar and head back to the satil. but you will need a compus.
the eastern area is nice as well, but again you tend to get rather far away from the shore, and boats my be overhead. take care with your air managment, and use a compus.
The easyest part of paradise is to the south: you start off at the rear end of the SOFA, dive south-east for a couple of min., then head south. when you are at 120 bar, or when you reach a sandy area you turn wentword and hit the slope relativly fast (it starts at about 20 m). you can go north along the slope (it's not all that interesting, mind you) while esending slowly to about 7-10m, and when you are under the tanning raft you can look for sunglasses or just do your safly stop and get out of the water. it's a nice dive, and not quite as tricky as the other directions. but you still need a compus. note that the shore is exactly westward at that part of eilat.

enjoy your dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom