More HC3 Footage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shroy002

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
More HC3/L&M Bluefin HD footage, taken on one of the first dives with this setup last August in Grand Cayman.

Mostly footage of divers exploring the wreck of the Doc Poulson, the majority of the dive was in depths of 50-70 fsw.

Overall I am very happy with the setup having just upgraded from a TopDawg setup.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6898950645000426081&hl=en

Enjoy--Let me know if you have any questions, I get to take the setup diving in Papua New Guinea in two weeks!

Steve

Some nice footage.

Are you using red filter? MWB? Manual or auto focus?

I've just got the HC3 and L&M housing myself. I'm itching to get it in the water but will only be able to manage a couple of quarry dives until July.

Thanks for the compliments, using combo of MWB and CC filter, found myself with some very red Horse-Eye Jacks in a few shots at the end of the dive because I didn't have anything close enough to white balance with (slate was on the boat) was able to take most of the red out in post though.

Mostly on full auto here, hence the searching that is apparent in some of the video...I've got that worked out for the future...used the telemacro function in the garden eel shot. Very cool feature, probably should have used it in the pederson cleaning shrimp shot as well...

Very Nice Video!
You have obviously done this before! Great steadyness, composition & framing.
I'm on full auto as well...the HC3 just seems to adjust perfectly on its own.
Good work!
Have you been to that site before? If not then extra well done on covering all those perspective shots!

Thanks Drew! Never been to that site before, I had been to Grand Cayman a couple of times before but never dove the west wall--the diving had been north wall only to that point. I must say it was the perfect day to dive that site, bright sunshine great visibility no current--it was the perfect dive day!

shroy, thanks for sharing the vid. How do you find the manual white balancing on the L&M housing? Is it a real PITAS to perform u/w?

You prep the camer before the dive, once this is done you can easily get to to it during the dive, you get used to it but initially it is a pain. I'll let you know the exact sequence when I get the camera in hand later this evening.

you can set the front left rotor control knob to adjust w/b + or -, but you need a manual control knob on the housing for this to work.
The only problem I have encountered with trying to adjust w/b on the fly is once you get it set and start the shot, then the condtions change (clouds, sun, shadows etc) and then the shot can be ruined.

Back
Top Bottom