More Rebreathers Out There Everyday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFLDiver3445

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
There's been lots of conversation within this forum addressing whether or not rebreathers would ever become mainstream, and if so, how long that would take.

I don't really want to open up that debate again, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I was in the Keys this past weekend and dove with several other rebreather divers all weekend. In fact, Fridays trip aboard Conch Rebublic's Aquatic Diver consisted of 11 rebreather divers, out of a total of 12 divers onboard (6 Kisses, 4 Optimas and 1 Hammerhead). And of those 11 rebreather divers, four were actively training with their instructor for their certifications during that weekend!

FYI

In fact, Fridays trip aboard Conch Rebublic's Aquatic Diver consisted of 11 rebreather divers, out of a total of 12 divers onboard (6 Kisses, 4 Optimas and 1 Hammerhead). And of those 11 rebreather divers, four were actively training with their instructor for their certifications during that weekend! FYI

Hi SFLDiver3445,

My friend (Optima instructor) came back from Florida three days ago. He said the same thing. Maybe, Florida is now the world center of RB diving.
On the other hand, I dove in Izu Peninsula near Tokyo last weekend and got to see no RB divers. Japan is way behind the trend of RB diving out there :-<

Ken

This is an exciting time to be a CCR diver- there are new innovations and new units coming out all the time. I think it's the wave of the future, especially for tech diving. Recreational diving CCR is seeing a greater market share every year as well, but Open Circuit will always be the solid majority for that.

I have no idea what you are talking about:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom