Morrisburg- Beach closed, high bacteria count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air_Miser

Reaction score
Ok, so here's one for the "Things you don't want to hear after a dive" list....

Drowned_Rat and I did the Morrisburg Pumphouse drift yesterday, popped out at the beach downstream. We're walking to the car and a guy in a lawnchair goes, "Hey, are you guys with the Health Unit?"

He points to a sign saying the beach is closed due to high bacteria levels.

So- You may want to consider other sites. No idea how long it's been closed.

My theory: 10,000 geese pooping all over the place down there = a lot of goose poop bacteria....

Safe diving everyone, I'm off to brush my teeth again....

Matt.

Buro-Sol rox!

It's part of my dive kit year round.....ear infections SUCK!

I always use ear drops after diving in the St. Lawrence.
I often think that there are worse things in the river than a high bacteria count, (chemiclas and elevated phospate levels from farm run off)..but once that second stage is in my mouth, I try not to remove it until I am well out of the water..keeps the Morrisburg Flu from moving in, especially in areas like the Pumphouse dive where the water can back eddy in the shallows ( with the swollen dead carp.)

V.

Vertigo:
I always use ear drops after diving in the St. Lawrence.
I often think that there are worse things in the river than a high bacteria count, (chemiclas and elevated phospate levels from farm run off)..but once that second stage is in my mouth, I try not to remove it until I am well out of the water..keeps the Morrisburg Flu from moving in, especially in areas like the Pumphouse dive where the water can back eddy in the shallows ( with the swollen dead carp.)

V.

One of the great things about diving Kingston...............
The water at depth is so damm cold the bacteria move down river or freeze to death :11:
Never had a ear infection diving here.

BTW: I have a dive boat for sale

Back
Top Bottom