Morrison Re-lining

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artw:
Question, do charter operators normally frequent this wreck?
No. It's a bit under 500 feet from shore and max about 30 feet. There's a city park on the waterfront with lots of free parking close to the entry point. The shore entry could use some steps, but it's not as bad as some places I've been. I'd say no worse than the Connie to get in or out. There's less to see than the Connie, so without the swim out and back, it's be a short dive to tour the whole wreck. The biggest headache are the fishermen since it's the only "structure" around it attracts lots of fish. Of course, they probably consider us divers the headache.

I don't know of any charters running on Lake Simcoe. Anyone?

Wet
I have family in Milton & I live in Mississauga
I have a mini van my son - in - law some times has use of a pick up from work
E- Mail me
Bob

Groundhog246:
No. It's a bit under 500 feet from shore and max about 30 feet. There's a city park on the waterfront with lots of free parking close to the entry point. The shore entry could use some steps, but it's not as bad as some places I've been. I'd say no worse than the Connie to get in or out. There's less to see than the Connie, so without the swim out and back, it's be a short dive to tour the whole wreck. The biggest headache are the fishermen since it's the only "structure" around it attracts lots of fish. Of course, they probably consider us divers the headache.

I don't know of any charters running on Lake Simcoe. Anyone?

Actually one of the dive store in Barrie runs charters all the time, they have a night dive special Weds for 25.00, not sure of the name of the store though. I even think it was discussed here before on the board.

I have a pick up truck and drive between port dover and hamilton every week day.

I also drive from port dover to brampton on saturdays as I still work at Brampton Scuba on Sat.

So if there is anything to be picked up along the way or any other way I can help out I will supply the transportation.

Don't know where this park is so I would need direction but otherwise I will be there if I am needed.

Chris

Tom R:
Actually one of the dive store in Barrie runs charters all the time, they have a night dive special Weds for 25.00, not sure of the name of the store though.
To the Morrison, or some other sites? Wil have to do a search and see what I can scare up.

The Morrison is strictly a shore dive,There are no boat charters to the Morrison...I have a pickup truck and a 5000 watt generator to help out with the lines...e-mail me when ever a date gets set..

Back
Top Bottom