Morrison Spring on 2-26/27-05?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The water levels seem to be dropping quicker after a rainfall. I'm hoping maybe by the weekend after next the water levels will be low enough at Caryville for Morrison to be clear again. Maybe I'm being a little optimistic, but is anyone interested in jumping back into Morrison anytime soon? :)

We can rent canoes and head to Cypress as a backup plan, if mother nature doesn't cooperate.

I'll be open Saturday and Sunday, preffering to meet at 8AM to beat any traffic to the springs.

SuPrBuGmAn:
We can rent canoes and head to Cypress as a backup plan, if mother nature doesn't cooperate.

Actually, since I'm planning on diving Cypress on the 5th - we may try going up/down the Wacissa River if Morrison doesn't clear up.

Morrison sounds like a good dive. I'll be in that area on the 26th if you want to get together then.

Randy

SuPrBuGmAn:
Actually, since I'm planning on diving Cypress on the 5th - we may try going up/down the Wacissa River if Morrison doesn't clear up.

Where is the Wacissa River?

'round Tallahassee

Backwoodsdiver:
Morrison sounds like a good dive. I'll be in that area on the 26th if you want to get together then.

Randy

I'm definately game, its a fun dive with lots of fish to look at, not to mention the huge cavern to goof around in :)

What cave is mapped out in your signature? just curious...

darcy:
Where is the Wacissa River?

Check out the maps attached - Wacissa is fairly centered on both - the map doesn't show the river, but the launch is supposed to be about 5 miles South of where SR59 veers off the right real-sharplike(right below the SR259 intersection).

It's a map of the Ginnie Springs cave system - behind the grate. Ever since my first dive there I wondered what was behind the grate. A couple of years ago I ran across this map of the system.

Now for the bad news. I've had a last minute change of plans and won't be able to make it to Morrison. The way things are looking now, I'll be in Gainesville that weekend instead. Maybe I'll be able to make it to Morrison another time. It sure looks like it would be a pretty dive.

Randy

Maybe next time, it would have all been pretty weather dependant anyway - water levels at Morrison haven't cooperated much since late last year.

If you guys go on sunday, Ill go.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom