Morrison Springs 2/28/07 dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I decided that I'd had enough of this cold virus that has been plaguing me for several weeks and went to Morrison today. I got there about 09:30 and no divers were on site. I saw none the whole time I was there. There was a little boat traffic but not too scary. The water was up a little but a greenish blue:

mrun.jpg

My mission today was to check out my new camera housing and become a little familiar with it. I got in the water and it didn't feel cold - the sun was warm and bright, a beautiful day. On the way in, with just the housing, I saw a big school of mullet and a 2' gar. I took my housing down the funnel at the lower cavern for a quick test. The flow did not seem very strong coming out of the cavern. I got to 60' and no leaks so back to the car to load the camera. I normally have the camera all set up before leaving home so putting it together while I was soaking wet was something new. I concentrated very hard on not getting anything wet. I thought I had everything under control until I hit the water again - I left the lens cap on the camera inside the housing. Back to the car and fixed that problem and then into the water. Viz was OK, not great:

mplat.jpg

mlog.jpg

I went to the upper cavern to test the low light capability of the camera - it would not autofocus in the dim light. I turned around and shot this pic with both strobes on full:

mupper.jpg

I decided to hit the shallows and was pleasantly surprised to see lots of plants growing underwater and a lot more shallow areas to explore than during the drought last year. I ran into some fish to take pics of while there:

mmulfree.jpg

mmulshal.jpg

mbass.jpg

I was pretty tired after one dive so I decided to refuel at Sally's and head home. It was a good camera practice day to get wet.

Cool pics I would've joined you but I don't know where morrison is exactly I ended up going to Vortex today viz was good there were only six other divers there. Glad you got your dive in.

Great pics. Wish I could have joined you.

Great shots Yoder, makes me look forward to leaving at 5AM Saturday to dive Morrison before the hoards get up and decide to get wet.

What are your impressions on the housing after getting a chance to use it?

I have a thead in the photography forum about that end of my experiences. I'll be writing a review after I get more play time with this buggar.

GREAT pics SEAMONKEY! Thanks for sharing~dove Vortex Sat. along with the other 200 divers; it was awesome!!! Did a rideby at Morrrison on the way back to Panama...planning to dive it real soon. Thanks again for sharing- GREAT WORK!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom