Morrison Springs 9-15-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Out the door way before the sun, 4:30AM, and headed out to Morrison Springs in the work van. I met up with SeaYoda and GLENFWB onsite, followed shortly by MDB. The sun was just coming up and we were geared up and in the water around 7:30ish. Visibility was 80-100' in the basin with water levels around 1' all day. Water was the typical 68F... most of us dove wet :lol: Chilly air temps in the low 70sF, whew! SY and I hit the cavern while MDB and Glen stuck to OW to work on trim. I hit a max depth of 88' and we met up with everyone else after a third of my not-so-full tank was used. We explored the basin and headed up the spring run a bit. The familiars were about, bream, bass, pike, carp, sole, eels, catfish, ect... Dive lasted 47 minutes before I surfaced, geared down, and said my 'goodbye's' so I could head to work :/ Still, making a dive before work beats the hell out of waking up to an alarm only to head straight into the grind...

Great dive though!

Morrison309.jpg

I like how crisp that picture is. Looks like I'm there.

dSLRs are fun :wink:

I just wish I could afford to house it...

Must be nice to be close enough to do that before work.....chilly air? Low 70's? Whats up with that?
My ride to work this morning over Tampa Bay was 82 and wet blanket feeling.

Not close enough :/ I left my house ~4:45AM to dive ~7:30AM, leave by 9AM, to get to Crestview by 10AM. I'm ~2 hours away.

SuPrBuGmAn:
dSLRs are fun :wink:

I just wish I could afford to house it...

That they are, wonderful pic suprbugman.
Nice to see the Oly producing such wonderful, crisp image...

Think that would awesome as a b&w print, or possibly a HDR image (multiple blended exposures)

I think taking multiple exposures for an HDR would have been optimal. I actually left really early so I could dive before work, didn't have a tripod(or time to set a shot like that up). Still halfway pleased with the outcome. :) Good dive too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom