Morrison vis report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's got to be better than the gulf shore dives this weekend. The last report I heard on Ft. Pickens was 6 to 8 feet as of today. I would like to do it but it is a bit of a drive. I would have to hit up Haufbrau haus on the way back in. :D

I was there today in the afternoon during the rain shower, and the visibility was 100' plus...basically unlimited all the way across the basin. There was a lot of divers there and plenty of swimmers, snorkelers, and a few skin divers. The log was at about 18-20', so the water level was decent and the boil coming out of the lower cave was very strong, since we have gotten water back into the ground lately.

I spent the morning at St Andrew's State Park (the Jetties) and the vis there was between 20' and 30' but the current was really running even though I hit the tide right on by the prediction....yes, I know it is just a prediction. The water level there was definitely higher than usual though and most of the jetty was actually underwater (more than usual) the opening in the rocks where we noramlly cross was about 150 yards wide today instead of the usual 50 or so yards maybe moon phases and low fronts, etc...playing a role here. LOTS of DIVERS here today, almost had to take a number to get on the boardwalk and rinse off after diving....but all in all....truley great day as usual at the jetties!

Mike

Morrison should be okay. They just announced that the road in to Fort Pickens has been closed due to the storm.

morrisonlevels.png

any weekend in the summer is going to see lots of people at the state park. try a wednesday, thats when I go, way less peeps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom