Mosquito & PC Interface not talking to each other...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cid90

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with their Mosquito and pc interface not communicating.
I have tried all the trouble shooting tips from the book, cleaned the probes, etc.......
thanks

What sort of error message are you getting?
Things usually turn out to be a port assignment problem, or in some instances, low battery in the Mosquito can give a time out.
Don't believe the battery status, the battery can be good enough to run the computer but not to download or hook up.

As soon as I hit the transfer button I get a "timed out" message. Even when I set the system to give me a longer time to log in.
I will try to the battery.
Thanks

Give this a shot, it worked for me, came from Suunto people.

Usually, changing the COM delay will cure this problem. You can change the COM
delay in Transfer -> PC Interface Setup.

Yes... the system is saying it is. I am going to borrow my buddy's and see if we get the same message.

It is a suunto interface and it is plugged into the back of an older model Compaq at the "9 pin" port(?). It is a standard PC, not a laptop.

It is hard to tell if I am getting good contact. I am going to try my buddy's and a new battery. I have not changed it in a year.

Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom