Mossman in Cozumel 2013 - Dive Day 4 photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Switched to the 105mm. Allows me to shoot from a bit further away, helpful for the skittish creatures, or I can manually focus on the super-tiny stuff but that's not so easy in Cozumel currents. Also, it's slower than the 60mm to autofocus, sometimes the shutter refuses to release and take the pic even though it looks to be a great shot. Hence I only bring it out after I'm nice and relaxed after a few days of vacation, otherwise the frustration it often inflicts on me would cause me to smash it into the reef :)

A cute little spotted moray with good dental work:

Spotted Moray.jpg

I wasn't too happy with this seahorse. Honestly, I wish Jeremy had found me a prettier one. But I came to Coz this time only asking for one thing, a seahorse pic, and he not only took me to the right site, but spent a good amount of time searching for it (unlike the tiny frogfish which was unsoliticited). Unfortunately, I ended up being third in line for all my shots. First came George, who videoed for at least a minute or two. Then MMM, who often took 8 or 9 shots, checking each one until she got one she liked - sorry MMM, but I'm used to liveaboard rules that allow 3 shots per customer for the rare stuff :)

Finally my turn, but by then the damn thing had started to turn away, couldn't get a good profile. And did I mention there were currents? OK, enough excuses, here it is, my first Caribbean seahorse:

Seahorse.jpg

Yellow Stingray. Weaver9710 pointed it out as it was whizzing by and I got a quick shot of it.

Yellow Stingray.jpg

The obligatory splendid toadfish. I was almost going to pass on this shot since its crevice was in a little carve out in the reef, really hard to access with the current blowing. Besides, I was happy with the one I shot last trip. But I tried anyhow, it's not like I had anything better to do at the time.

Splendid Toadfish.jpg

Your pics look great. I can't wait to see all the pics from the last day at Columbia Shallows.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This little bugger drove me crazy, he was hopping around so much. Got one shot that exactly matches the profile in Humann/DeLoach, but it's blurry. This is the only shot that came out halfway decent and I only post it because it was just a PITA to shoot.

Plumed Hairy Crab.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom