Most cylinders on one diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks but Frogman159 was kind enough to post the actuall picture above.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. Kinda looks like he has his own variation of shark cage diving going on there. :wink:

I have had 8 cylinders attached to me at once, it was a "cleanup dive" so only the double 80's and 2 al40's were mine and the other 4 tanks (4 al80's) were left on a line for me to pick up.

it feels a bit like being a traveling junk yard but I only had to go down and up a line and then surface swim 100 feet or so.

I have had 8 cylinders attached to me at once, it was a "cleanup dive" so only the double 80's and 2 al40's were mine and the other 4 tanks (4 al80's) were left on a line for me to pick up.

it feels a bit like being a traveling junk yard but I only had to go down and up a line and then surface swim 100 feet or so.

Support diver for deep dive? Care to share details?

BTW, in reference to your sig, I may have some etc. for sale. :D

If the side-cylinder is under the arm, which part of what is it tethered to?

Typically, there are two bolt snaps attached to the cylinder, one at the neck and another about 8 inches from the bottom. These two snaps are clipped onto d rings, one at approximately the collarbone and another on the hip.

Poke around Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers . There are some pretty good pictures and descriptions of how to rig stage/deco bottles.

I think I see 7 around the diver in the middle.

Sometimes I think my single tank is heavy :)

did they have a crane to get that guy in the water with his "double doubles"

Is that a picture from Nuno Gomes's dive? - It looks remarkably similar to what's in this video: YouTube - World Record Dive 318,25 m

Divers don't jump from the boat nor do they get aboard with all those bottles. As usual he jumps in the water with what he has on his back and then under water he reaches for his stages that have been previously hung from a line under the boat.

I'm sure the number can get really high if you include temporary holds. I've heard about a "nine-bottle drill" taught by certain tech instructors, which would give a diver in a 3-person team something like 12 cylinders to manage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom