Mounting knife on Zeagle Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Armymutt25A

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for suggestions for a knife to mount on a Zeagle Tech BC. I'm trying to attach it using the grommet holes on the front of the waist band. The grommets are a little over 5.5" apart, as measured from the center. I want a blunt tip knife with a relatively small blade - I'm replacing my small Wintek knife that I bought back in '90. I would prefer Titanium.

if you can't find a spot, some people mount small knives on their BC corrugated inflator hose...I had mine mounted there a while back, with the handle oriented 'down'. Plan "B" is to mount the knife using those grommet holes and maybe some zip ties to kinda jury rig the knife sheath...running zip ties through the grommet holes to help mount it. ..that's what I've done on my 'old' Zeagle Ranger...it took a while for me to figure it out though...not the most elegant solution but I ended up doing a passable job. My Ranger is now my light-weight back-up BC and while still quite usable....was retired from my front-line duty some years ago and 'replaced' with a couple of BC/harness set-ups...which are very modular and easy to modify/accessorize...I can add D-rings/pockets/weight systems/can lights/line cutters/ Jon lines/etc. in lots of places and move things around...the Ranger 'works' but doesn't begin to have the expandability/flexibility of my 'real' BC's...live and learn, it was my 1st BC when I didn't have much of a clue about BC design/features. Another option, see if Zeagle sells a knife compatable with your unit...hopefully they'll have something that matches up with your grommets holes or whatever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom