Moving to Blackpool and looking for places to dive in the lakes, and club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adampatrick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am soon to be moving to the Blackpool, and was wondering if anyone could recommend some places in the Lakes that can be dived.
Also if there were any clubs in the Blackpool area.

thanks

You've got various dive sites in the lakes. I've dived in Wastwater and Crummock. There's Capernwray if you want an inland site. Blackpool is 2.5 hours from Anglesey or 3.5 hours from the west coast of Scotland.

The only club I know near Blackpool is JBOD based in Preston. I'm not a member but my MOD1 instructor is and they seem an active, friendly club.

Hodge Close is an option if you fancy a mission (quarry and tunnels), Dorothea(Big deep quarry) is also on the cards if you are suitably qualified and BSAC.

Shore dives and recreational stuff around Anglesey.

Also mines in Llangollen if ohe is your thing.

Hodge Close is an option if you fancy a mission (quarry and tunnels), Dorothea(Big deep quarry) is also on the cards if you are suitably qualified and BSAC.

Shore dives and recreational stuff around Anglesey.

Also mines in Llangollen if ohe is your thing.
thank you.
I will look the places up and start to make plans as to when we can get there.

thank you

You've got various dive sites in the lakes. I've dived in Wastwater and Crummock. There's Capernwray if you want an inland site. Blackpool is 2.5 hours from Anglesey or 3.5 hours from the west coast of Scotland.

The only club I know near Blackpool is JBOD based in Preston. I'm not a member but my MOD1 instructor is and they seem an active, friendly club.
thank you for the suggestions of places. I didn't realise that Anglesey was so close, we will make sure we get there sooner rather then later

If you are looking for a club, look at the 'find a BSAC club' page

We used to be members of BSAC but left as the club where we are now, was not the best, and didn't really go diving, they won't dive inland, only in the sea and while training with them I only got 2 dives in 3 months, however will check out the BSAC page, as I really like how the BSAC system is set up/
thank you

We used to be members of BSAC but left as the club where we are now, was not the best, and didn't really go diving, they won't dive inland, only in the sea and while training with them I only got 2 dives in 3 months, however will check out the BSAC page, as I really like how the BSAC system is set up/
thank you
Not all clubs are created equal. I went along to meet 4 local clubs before joining the one I'm in now (actually 3, one never got back to me). The one I joined is based 100 miles away from where I live, but they are very active.

Talk to a few and see if they fit what you're after.

Not all clubs are created equal. I went along to meet 4 local clubs before joining the one I'm in now (actually 3, one never got back to me). The one I joined is based 100 miles away from where I live, but they are very active.

Talk to a few and see if they fit what you're after.
I agree totally with what you say, and have looked at the page you linked thank you, there are a few that we are going to contact when we have moved.
thank you for your time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom