moving to doubles - what to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski

Contributor
Reaction score
Would anybody suggest why should I get PST instead of OMS? Price-wise, it seems that PST is pretty much the same as OMS tanks (in New York City), I usually dive singles OMS 125 or OMS 112, and can’t seem to decide which doubles to get.

Seems that a lot of people dive PST doubles 104’s; however, since I already have one OMS 112, does it make sense to just get the another 112?

I am 6’ tall, and diving dry with OMS SS backplate and 45lb OMS wings. Would this wing be enough for OMS 112 – doubles?

I went with PST because of the superiority of their hot-dip galvanization process and reportedly superior buoyancy characteristics of the 104s.

The former may no longer be an issue with OMS's new hot-dip process, though I haven't heard if they're having any teething problems with it. PST recently replaced almost all their tank lines with two new series (E7 & E8) with buoyancy characteristics supposedly similar to the corresponding older tanks. I haven't tried any of the new series yet to be in a position to comment.

I'd recommend you check on the more technical boards for up to date information on both points.

I tihnk you will need a bigger wing. I use a 45# wing for double AL80's and lp steel 85's.

Also why are you wanting to dive doubles? And do you know someone that already does that can go over things with you?

Back
Top Bottom