Moving to Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mariozi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hy All,

I am moving from Rio, Brasil to Dubai, UAE for life.
Anyone from there? Been there?
I would love diving tips!!!

Thanks

Just waiting for some info from a friend who lives and dives there - should get a response soon.

Go to Gulf section there are few members from Dubai

I was in Dubai about 10 months ago for work. I was going to dive, but ended up not diving because there was no room for me last minute - anyway, there are a couple of Padi 5 star operations there (you can find them on the padi website, I'm sure). I was told that around Dubai it's not that interesting, but by Oman (a bit of a boat ride) it's supposed to be great. Lots of current, but lots of fish. Sorry I don't have first hand information!

hook up with al boom diving in dubai, they are a padi center and also do day trips to oman & fujairah.. good group of people, fun to dive with

Or Pavilion Dive Centre at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

We lived in Dubai for 3 years and did what diving we did there with Pavilion.

There's not a lot in the Arabian Gulf, just a few wrecks to dive on in dodgy viz most days. The best diving is over in the Musandam from Dibba Port which is officially in Oman but no passport formalities required.

The east coast of the UAE is good too. There's a dive centre at Sandy Beach Resort.

This website lists the UAE dive operators, but I would suggest that you do your homework on which ones to deal with.

The 2 that I've mentioned above are professional, well-run outfits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom