Moving to New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoFiend

Registered
Reaction score
Moving from Toronto to New Jersey in Apr 08
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
I thought this would be the place to start :) Looks like I'm off to New Jersey for a year as of the end of this month and I wanted to introduce myself to the local divers. I've heard so much about the diving off the NJ coast and I'm really looking forward to getting in the ocean. I understand there's a decent quarry in the area as well which I'd like to check out too (never hurts to keep sharp).
Anyway if anyone is off for a dip anytime soon and doesn't mind and extra diver, I'd be happy to tag along.
Thanks!

Hi all,
... I understand there's a decent quarry in the area...

I'm not saying a word !

P.S. Welcome, 'Fiend'.

Now, now he did say decent and as far as quarries go I would say it is decent. OOPS!! Did I say quarry? Sorry Stu I meant Dutch Springs.

Welcome aboard PhotoFiend. If you find yourself wanting to dive out of Barnegate or the Point Pleasant areas the dive shop I am associated with has a boat that goes out of either location. Check out the website below.

I am out all the time so PM me with a boat day or quarry day and I would more than happy to dive with you.

Hey junky,
You guys run any weekday trips?

There may be some Friday boats, I'm not sure. That is the only weekday we ever have boats scheduled. Some times if there are enough guys ( sorry Rose and girls) that want to go out during the week we will call the Captain and schedule an extra boat.

If you want I will keep you in mind and PM you i such an ocassion comes up.

Absolutely, I should be good to go anytime after the 21st. I suspect I'll make the effort to lug all my gear down including tanks to avoid any potential rental issues. Oh thanks for the welcome.
I haven't exactly figured out where to live yet :) I'm working in a place called Secaucus and given the short notice I suspect I'll do the long term stay hotel till I sort out a good place to live, hey any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers

p.s thanks for the links Tanked, off to check them out now!

There may be some Friday boats, I'm not sure. That is the only weekday we ever have boats scheduled. Some times if there are enough guys ( sorry Rose and girls) that want to go out during the week we will call the Captain and schedule an extra boat.

If you want I will keep you in mind and PM you i such an ocassion comes up.

Hi all,
I thought this would be the place to start :) Looks like I'm off to New Jersey for a year as of the end of this month and I wanted to introduce myself to the local divers. I've heard so much about the diving off the NJ coast and I'm really looking forward to getting in the ocean. I understand there's a decent quarry in the area as well which I'd like to check out too (never hurts to keep sharp).
Anyway if anyone is off for a dip anytime soon and doesn't mind and extra diver, I'd be happy to tag along.
Thanks!
Welcome.
Living in NJ: "We dun nee no stinkin' quarry!"
"decent quarry": Mutually exclusive terms.
New Jersey Scuba Diver ( and Long Island New York )

Hehe, what no love for the local quarry? Well rest assured I’m far more interested in wrecks and drifts. I suspect my expectations of quarries is a little skewed since this is the one I’ve used most for training etc :)

Matt-and-Plane.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom