Moving to Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The time is getting close. I have sold my truck, boat, wife's car and all of my scuba tanks! I am in Charlston, SC visiting my parents before I leave on the 28th. It's exciting but a little scary. I just returned from Oahu on a house house hunting trip and finally found a place to live so we won't be homeless! LOL There is so much to do and so little time, but really looking forward to the new job and great diving!!

I just moved out here myself, and can speak to a couple of places. I too will put in a plug for Gabe and Drew at Kaimana. Great operation, they dive all over the island, are supportive of more advanced divers as well as vacation divers, and offer a really solid club membership. And generally speaking, I can't say enough good things about their people--they're all guys and girls you look forward to diving with.

I've also had some great dives with Island Divers, and particularly liked diving with one of their DMs, Nate. Because of the size of their operation, they have some unique pros and cons: my experiences there have been more hit or miss depending on who's running the dives that day (hint: don't buy nitrox only to be told later you need to surface at 1800psi because the OW students have to come up), and seem more tied to dives easily reached from Hawaii Kai as opposed to going to different places as often. But they have a great dive and air club, and they support more gear configurations (e.g., their pro-valve tanks are DIN friendly, they offer O2 cleaning, have a decent selection of tech gear in stock, and have good gas blending facilities on Hickam if you like HP tanks filled to actual capacity).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom