Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Kerri,

We just came back from a week in Vilanculos and 3 days in Tofu.
Diving on Two Mile Reef in Bazaruto is great, there is an abundance of colorful hard and soft corals (better than in Zanzibar). We dove with Odyssea dive Odyssea - Diving in Mozambique - Vilanculos You can email them anytime and Sabrina was very helpful in answering all our questions before be booked the trip. Boat trip out to reef is 45-50mins. (2 tank dive $140 - leave at 8:30am and return at 3:30pm). Sea life ranges from small stuff to big turtles/rays and a shark or 2.

For accommodation I would recommend Smugglers or their sister Lodge Palmeiras. Smugglers - Vilanculos (Mozambique) Very nice helpful and frendly people and the accommodation is clean and reasonably priced. Smugglers has a bar/restaurant and sits on a hill, Palmeiras has no bar/restaurant (but do breakfast) and is on the beach.

Tofu is a must for Manta's and Whale sharks, and on AndyT's recommendation we stayed at Casa Barry and dove with Tofu scuba, and they are both great!

I'm busy typing up a trip report that I hopefully will be able to post it by the end of this week, and get around to posting my photo's as well...

Hi Kerri
Tried to send you a mail but it bounced still trying to got this reply from Avis but still have a few feelers out
John

Dear John,
Please be advised that cross boarder rentals into Mozambique are not permitted at all with a South African rental vehicle.
There is no breakdown support at all in Mozambique and the risk is too high.
For security and safety purposes, cross boarder rentals into Mozambique are not permitted.
Kind regards,

JOY
Joy Tsotetsi
International Sales Co Ordinator
Avis Rent a Car
Telephone Number : 011 923 3749
Fax Number : 086 523 3355
E mail address: jtsotetsi@avis.co.za

hI rYAN
iS jULY OR AUGUST A GOOD TIME TO DIVE IN TOFO
THANKS

Last edited:
Tofo was unbelievable, chilled out backpackers place... huge white sandy beaches, diving was incredibly mantas on nearly every day... virtually guarenteed at Manta Reef, Whalesharks some days on surface intervals, devil rays, giant whip rays... a real unspoilt paradise.

I have done over 700 dives, these were some of my best.. i cannot recommend it highly enough

Dived with Tofu Scuba very friendly and helpful, diving is done off RIBS, so be prepared to help push the boat out..

Back
Top Bottom