Suggestion Mozillascubaboard search plugin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not. If there's a better place, could someone let me know?

Mozilla users are probably familiar with its built-in search engine functionality. You can add Google, Amazon, ebay or whatever plugins and then search those sites directly from your browser by entering the search term into a little text box on the browser. Way cool.

Well, I have written one for scubabord. It seems to work great. Installing it is a snap if you use Mozilla (if you don't yet use Mozilla Firefox, I highly recommend it over Internet Explorer for security and stability).

Anyway, I have submitted the plugin to mozilla, but it may be a while before it's on their site. If anyone wants the plugin immediately, PM me or drop a line to barley@pacific.net I'll send it to you.

If an admin wants to post the plugin somewhere on the site, that might be cool. I imagine most Mozilla users will want it. Let me know and I'll send it to you.

Gregg

OK, I have gotten 4 requests for the plugins in the past hour or whatever that this thread has been revived. I think there's interest, and it's probably worth posting somewhere on the site if an admin is so inclined :D

Gregg

Back
Top Bottom