Mt Storm conditions May 1st & 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The lake is warming up slowly. Still only one stack going at plant. The water temp was 72* on the surface and 70* at the 26 foot platforms, and 64* at 100 feet. You can actually feel a thermocline at 30 feet, thats where is starts chilling fast.

The vis is getting better had 6 to 12 feet in some places, however there were tons of checkout dives going on and it got silted out pretty quick. Had to go find the vis out of the training area.

Saw lots of catfish, a few bass, and some pesky blue gills. I have not seen the big carp that likes to muck up the bottom around the motorcycle.

Lets try to plan for weekend of the 15th.

The lake is warming up slowly. Still only one stack going at plant. The water temp was 72* on the surface and 70* at the 26 foot platforms, and 64* at 100 feet. You can actually feel a thermocline at 30 feet, thats where is starts chilling fast.

The vis is getting better had 6 to 12 feet in some places, however there were tons of checkout dives going on and it got silted out pretty quick. Had to go find the vis out of the training area.

Saw lots of catfish, a few bass, and some pesky blue gills. I have not seen the big carp that likes to muck up the bottom around the motorcycle.

Thanks for the conditions update Mike. I plan on heading up on Tuesday to check it out for the first time.

Thanks. Heading down the 22nd & 23rd for AOW class dives. Still have time for one more person to get the classroom in before then. need 6 hours min for that. Dives to be done will be advanced skills, UW Nav, Night on Saturday and on Sunday Deep, Search and Recovery, and Buddy Skills and Assist. I'd like to get down there before but not going to happen. And the new drysuit won't be in til that week I'm doing checkouts.

Back
Top Bottom