Mundane Mukilteo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A fine example of rampant alliteration in the thread title :wink: (Oh and very nice pictures, thanks for sharing).

Uncle Pug:
Next time you come over I'll see if I can go with you and point some things out.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it! :D

-Ben M.

Uncle Pug:
This is the key to seeing stuff:

Being able to hover and helicopter help. :D
He forgot to add reverse frog kick too. He uses this one all the time to position himself for the photos.

My buddy and I dove there April 2nd, a beautiful day above and below with about 25' visibility.

We spotted a huge Cabezon in the same area, perhaps the Daddy (or Mommy, I didn't check) of the one you photographed? The slope was crawling with Dungeness, encouraging to those of us looking forward to crab season. Quite a few flounder, too.

What incredible colors! You have a great eye for underwater life. I'm going to take your advice and slow down.

Steve

Thank you, Steve.

You need a light to see the colors. They are there but without the light source you just can't see them. I use a focused HID for buddy communication but when I want to light up a *scene* I adjust it to flood rather than spot.

You don't need an HID to see the colors though. Any dive light is better than none but of course bigger is better for seeing color... and brighter is better for diving in the daytime.

The built in flash on my camera does OK for lighting close in shots but is useless for anything over two feet away. On some of these photos I have color corrected to eliminate the green cast caused by too little light. Our eyes and brains can make the correction underwater but the camera needs help with white balance.

Uncle Pug:
All you have to do is go slow, keep your fins off the bottom and see what presents itself.

that's what has given me just over an hour on an AL80 :D , and there's more to see in the shallows than in the deep abyss.

Great Photos UP!!!
Thanks,
Kirsten

Spotted today at Mundane Mukilteo...
Actually spotted just about anytime and anywhere he wants.

Soleful-Eye-1.jpg

Soleful-Eye-2.jpg

Soleful-Eye-3.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom