Murder at 1600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanMist333

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:shakehead: I was talking with a dive instructor at my local dive shop this morning and some individual behind me in line spoke up about an unusual find. ..

Under the Newport bridge, allegedly, he found an old work boot filled with cement and a bone sticking out of it. I asked him what he did with it, and he said he just kept on moving and wanted nothing to do with it.

Wouldn't it make sense to bring it to the surface and alert the proper authorities? This has the potential to be a cold case murder.. right?

No, the proper course of action would be to leave it where it was, mark the location some how, and alert the authorities and tell me how to find it. Bringing it to the surface yourself could contaminate any evidence. Plus by marking the location they can search the surrounding area.

No, the proper course of action would be to leave it where it was, mark the location some how, and alert the authorities and tell me how to find it. Bringing it to the surface yourself could contaminate any evidence. Plus by marking the location they can search the surrounding area.

i think thats the right way to handle it let the proper people bring it up

:shakehead: I was talking with a dive instructor at my local dive shop this morning and some individual behind me in line spoke up about an unusual find. ..

Under the Newport bridge, allegedly, he found an old work boot filled with cement and a bone sticking out of it. I asked him what he did with it, and he said he just kept on moving and wanted nothing to do with it.

Wouldn't it make sense to bring it to the surface and alert the proper authorities? This has the potential to be a cold case murder.. right?
Your profile says you're in law enforcement, and you don't know the answer on this???????

Must be a troll.:shakehead:b

...old work boot filled with cement and a bone sticking out of it....This has the potential to be a cold case murder.. right?
Wrong!
If it were a murder the cement would be around the outside of the boot, which would have been full of meat & bone when it was dumped.
Pretty good prank, though.
:troll:
Rick

Which academy?

I found a steel drum full of concrete dumped off a bridge. We thought it was suspicious and used a fire dept rescue saw to cut it up in chunks. Turned out it was nothing but concrete.

Back
Top Bottom