Musicians of the Deep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernMelody

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was at a folks festivial this past w/e and was inspired by the other musicians around me, so much so I wrote a new song called "Beaneath the waves" sucba diving is mentioned in an indirect way, but is present in the song. I was wondering if there were any other musicians out there, and if so, had they written about their experiences beneath the waves, or the history of a given wrech that they'd been to. My song included a synopsis of the wreck of the Marsh near Kingston.

Anyone else?

NorthernMelody:
I was at a folks festivial this past w/e and was inspired by the other musicians around me, so much so I wrote a new song called "Beaneath the waves" sucba diving is mentioned in an indirect way, but is present in the song. I was wondering if there were any other musicians out there, and if so, had they written about their experiences beneath the waves, or the history of a given wrech that they'd been to. My song included a synopsis of the wreck of the Marsh near Kingston.

Anyone else?

Never wrote a song but would like to hear (read) yours

divedude:
Never wrote a song but would like to hear (read) yours

I don't know how to post song bites on here. since posting that first msg, I've written a 2nd song...finished it today..it's a crackin good song! It's about the sinking of the A.E. vickery out by brockville. Good story too, I'll work on getting into the studio and getting them recorded and putting a link up here or something.

But I haven't copy writed them yet so don't want to post the lyrics yet..soon ;-)

And update, I'll be doing a rough recording of "Beneath the Waves" and "The Vickery" on monday. I will be singing these songs live at the OFWF Gathering next w/e. There has been discussions about adding video of the Marsh to the first song.
Any other musicians out there??? Anyone going to the OFWF Gathering could prehaps bring instruments along for a wee Jam session..don't know how much time there will be, but you never know :) I will attempt to get a sound bite set up somewhere, though I don't know how.

That's a shame....well, we'll meet up some time :) I expect so until then you'll have to wait. I am going to the recording studio today to lay the tracks accapella, but with TomR putting the song to video, he may even show it to you sometime :wink:

Well folks I decided to lay out some cash, for those intersted in a DEMO CD, I will be bringing a few copies to the Gathering. There are 6 songs on it, 4 of which I wrote, 2 which I didn't...2 of them I snitched from my Trio's upcoming CD so have acomaniment (or however you spell that). If anyone's interested they'll be available...but I won't be pushing them at the gathering. Tom...you copy's free :)
Looking forard to the dives!
CJ

Back
Top Bottom