Must dive caves, mexico.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more thing to consider is whether you're diving with a guide or go independently. A couple of cenotes require a guide and will not let you dive without one. Most cenotes in the Dos Ojos area (Dos Ojos, The Pit, Pet Cemetery, Dreamgate) have that problem. And some others are inconsistent about their rules - sometimes you can talk your way in, sometimes you can't. But there are plenty of really beautiful cenotes that are still accessible to independent divers. Any local shop should have the skinny on what the rules currently are.

Chen Hol, Otch Ha and Tux Kupaxa. In that order.

In Otch Ha, if you go left at the T (if I remember), with a stage you can make the exit in a bat filled cavern. Really cool dive. Go right and it just goes forever. Tux is freaking huge cave. My personal favorite, but it is a drive.

One more thing to consider is whether you're diving with a guide or go independently. A couple of cenotes require a guide and will not let you dive without one. Most cenotes in the Dos Ojos area (Dos Ojos, The Pit, Pet Cemetery, Dreamgate) have that problem. And some others are inconsistent about their rules - sometimes you can talk your way in, sometimes you can't. But there are plenty of really beautiful cenotes that are still accessible to independent divers. Any local shop should have the skinny on what the rules currently are.

We are not interested in diving with a guide. So then we will just move on to the next cenote. I will ask the owners of zero gravity about info on the cenotes mentioned above before going there. We would also like to do eden again, we really liked riverrun (it was our first cave dive), but it seams you need a instructor to get in.

Chen Hol, Otch Ha and Tux Kupaxa. In that order.

In Otch Ha, if you go left at the T (if I remember), with a stage you can make the exit in a bat filled cavern. Really cool dive. Go right and it just goes forever. Tux is freaking huge cave. My personal favorite, but it is a drive.

I cant find a location on tux kupaxa, cenote nai-tucha on google maps. How long is the drive?

I will be doing the dives with my girlfriend, we both have a SCR of 16 Liters/min, i don't know how that translates to the imperial system tho. But we did 60+ minutes dives in nahoch on only a bit more then 60 bar (870 psi?) used for gas in and gas out. We are allowed to use 50 bar (725 psi?) for gas in on full tanks, so we can make pretty long dives.
16l/min is approx 0.56cu.ft/min - I'm basically the same and did a 56min dive on Nohoch Upstream mainline on 700psi total.
Did you jump onto the Parker Line here? What's that line like? I've seen primary reels run directly to it and am planning on doing that when I go there next time.

16l/min is approx 0.56cu.ft/min - I'm basically the same and did a 56min dive on Nohoch Upstream mainline on 700psi total.
Did you jump onto the Parker Line here? What's that line like? I've seen primary reels run directly to it and am planning on doing that when I go there next time.

The Parker line is somewhat similar to the main line. Very white cave, large spaces, decorated, it perhaps not quite as spectacular. It eventually comes back to the main line, shortly before an (unnamed?) cenote. Running the primary reel to Parker is usually only done at the intro level, almost everyone else just does the short jump to limit cluttering up the place with lines.

We got the hint to take our primary reel past the start of the mainline. And then attach it to the jump line (i think it was the second red arrow to the left of the main line when you enter). Cause then your technically not making a "jump" (but the fact is the same, you are diving parkers room). If you don't tie in your reel straight enough while going there, you will be out of line before you hit the jump. Its almost 100 meters into the cave. I think its easier to just make the jump and count it as your one and only navigation decision. (c1 limit). But it is easily possible with a reel, just make sure not to zigzag to much.

The beginning of parkers room is breathtaking, and for me it was the most decorated part i visited last year. But we only made 4 dives outside our cave 1 course. This year we want to visit a lot of more caves!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom