"Must Read" books for the beach bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be in CZM in late June/early July. I could keep an eye out for a copy if you want to make the crossing to get it...

I liked the quote about our being predators, of plants if nothing else. 'Course you might not know it since you've been unable to read LCTS...

Oh, that would be AWESOME!

Done! Now I just need to tie a string around my finger to remember it among the stuff I'm bringing for other folks...

I may have loaned an extra copy to my niece. I'll have to check and see if she has it.

Off topic, but I got to dive Dos Ojos last July. Wow. The photos still take my breath away...

A good read for the beach..... hmmmm, got to be Jimmy Buffett's Salty Piece of Land. It has a little bit of all.... adventure, silliness, historical value, travels the Caribbean, great characters..... one of my favorite books and the song is awesome too!

I know this thread is kind of old but here are my two suggestions

An Embarassment of Mangoes - such a funny book. a true story about a couple who quit their jobs in canada and take off sailing in the Caribbean for 2 1/2 years.

Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries - the material may be a little rough for the beach but it is a fantastic read. I couldn't put it down.

Silver,
I'm a bargain-book buyer, so this old thread is useful for me! Haven't read either of those, but I'll put them on my list!

Johnathon Kellerman (VERY Similar to Patterson)

James Pattersen (VERY similar to Kellerman)

Clive Cussler - Most stories have to do with bodies of water in one way or another

Dan Brown

Stephen King

Dean Koontz

All excellent writers and I have read most of the book in each writer's portfolio.

Silver,
I'm a bargain-book buyer, so this old thread is useful for me! Haven't read either of those, but I'll put them on my list!

great! I definitely recommend picking up both of them. I purchased both of them "used" on amazon

I recently finished reading "The Shack," and it has absolutely floored me. I couldn't put it down. It's a fiction story about a man who's daughter is murdered in a shack, and he goes back there. Very spiritual and a different way of looking at God than what most religions preach. I look forward to reading it again soon.

I am on a "better life" type book read phase and if you are interested, check out Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover." Very easy read and takes a lot of the intimidation about knowing about money and how it works away.

Currently, I am readying "48 Days to the Work you Love," by Dan Miller.

Johnathon Kellerman (VERY Similar to Patterson)

James Pattersen (VERY similar to Kellerman)

Clive Cussler - Most stories have to do with bodies of water in one way or another

Dan Brown

Stephen King

Dean Koontz

All excellent writers and I have read most of the book in each writer's portfolio.

I gotta agree with this list, except for Cussler. I find him too wordy.
I would also add Harlan Coben, Douglas Preston, and Lincon Child

Oh yeah, i just found out about Karin Slaughter. i'm going through her books now

Back
Top Bottom