MV Pelagian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never actually been on it, but have seen it many times when it was doing trips in the Similan Islands. Pelagian was certainly a good looking boat, and the customers I spoke to said the standard was very high. It had the reputation as being the best boat at that time. Certainly there was nothing in 1999/2000 to touch it. The last few years there's been a lot of new boats built like Viking, Mermaid 1, Ocean Rover that are comparable.

I went in 1996 and 1997 and the owner Mathew Hedrick was skipper - it was a great operation.

He has since expanded. In 2001, I found one of his older boats, the M/V Sai Mai, was now rented out to the PrivateDive.com dive operator and I went with them. There were problems (A/C, electrical failures, skipper running over divers, etc) that were not present when Mathew was in charge.

Pelagian is a well run trip.

I have since preferred the competitor www.Ocean-Rover.com because owner/Operator Mark Strickland is a great UW Photographer and helpful to dive photographers aspiring to be. www.Ocean-Rover.com has started planning trips to Indonesia next year so will be in nearly the same waters where Pelagian goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom