My 1st Oly 5060 Pic's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guru:
Look what a little touch of Photoshop can do to your pics.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/759

Wow I had no idea that my pics could be touched up that way. So I gues I need to download and play with Photoshop. I remember in the past I had tried but PS is not a program for the novice but but what the heck I have the time and just need to do a little reading just like anything else.

PS 7.0
But i think you can do the same with PS Elements it´s a little cheaper...

mburden:
I’m not sure if I can adjust the white balance on my local dives as this is cold green water in So. Calif. This vis on a beach dive is at best 30ft and boat dives no more than 50-80ft. The majority of the pics I take locally use the internal / external flash. I’m going to look into purchasing a strobe but just not sure which one to go with.

White balance is the way to go if you can get comfortable with it. Basically, you have to keep recalibrating it as you change your depth, because changes in depth cause changes in light conditions. My camera allows me to set the white balance calibration to a 'quick button' that is just one touch. Do not use white balance if you are using any artificial lighting like an internal/external strobe or all you photos will come out red.

funkyspelunker:
White balance is the way to go if you can get comfortable with it. Basically, you have to keep recalibrating it as you change your depth, because changes in depth cause changes in light conditions. My camera allows me to set the white balance calibration to a 'quick button' that is just one touch. Do not use white balance if you are using any artificial lighting like an internal/external strobe or all you photos will come out red.

Do you use an external flash at all, and if so what for just macros?

Back
Top Bottom