My 1st shots in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Browsing endlessley through the member galleries after returning home yesterday from Curacao with my Canon A620...you all make this look SO easy. Yeah, I still have much practicing to do but I'm pretty happy with a dozen or so shots. It wasn't until the last two, three days that I became more confident with the camera and strobe (Ikelite DS125) settings. Well, now I have to learn how to tweak the shots with Photoshop :34:

...and begin planning the next dive trip :D

Nice pictures. What is the deal with the chain in the last picture?

Joe

Thanks! Yeah, I was wonderin' the same at the time...what the heck is this DM doing by removing his mask, then necklace? Seems he just wanted to let all know where to look I am guessing.

O'malley loved the photos are you an old pro at this :wink:?
Also took my A610 down for the first time today :D :D.

omally , your pictures are great, i was able to take the picture of your turtle and photo shop it and bring a bit of the color out and lighten it for you, but now i have to get some help to find out how to get it out of my photo shop and back on to the board and back to you, so give me a few to get some help and i will give your picture back, OH WOW i do hope you dont mind!!!!!

Hey!

Glad to see the shots worked out nicely. I didn't manage to get any place this week. I was trying to come to St. Martha last saturday but i ended up doing a quick dive close to my house here. My gf's parents are visiting and taking away all my dive time :S . I was looking forward to diving with you ... damn ... maybe next time :D

Was that Kurt showing off his necklace? :D

Did you make some nice shots during the nightdive you were planning? I'm looking forward to some more pictures!

O'Malley:
Browsing endlessley through the member galleries after returning home yesterday from Curacao with my Canon A620...you all make this look SO easy.

It's not easy unless you can dive 2, 3 or more times a week.
Most people only get to use their underwater cameras when they take dive trips which does not allow for a lot of practice. Your mentioning of getting the hang of it in the last 2 or 3 days is typical.

Jim is absolutely right about taking a while to get the hang of taking pics. I only get to dive a couple of times a year. That's just not enough to get good at it.

I was looking forward to diving with you ...damn...maybe next time. Was that Kurt showing off his necklace?
Me and the wife really enjoyed ourselves on Curacao and chances are good, we'll be returning soon...the tanks will be on me. The show off was actually Carlos...he, Kurt and the gang were a hoot!

Most people only get to use their underwater cameras when they take dive trips which does not allow for a lot of practice

Well, the local quarry certainly isn't the caribbean but I'll be out there practicing weekends so when making those couple yearly get-aways to warm waters, the knowledge won't be so far removed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom