• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

My 38s Dilemma

Discussion in 'Vintage Equipment Diving' started by Scuba Lawyer, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Scuba Lawyer

Scuba Lawyer Manta Ray

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I've been trying to assemble a set of roundy-bottom twin 38's for a while now. I picked up a set for $20 at a garage sale but one of the tanks failed hydro (they only have a born date of 1941. :) ). I have a mint NIB USD tapered thread dual manifold and new reducer bushings from McMaster-Carr.

I can either try and find a matching tank to complete the set (my preference) or find a single tapered valve to make a single 38 test bench air supply tank or ......? Not sure what I want to do but I figured if I threw my predicament out into the universe some alien lifeform would respond. :) Mark

PrATU0.jpg
    YGxBaU.jpg
    5plK01.jpg

Yawana-Dive likes this.
  2. sea squatch

sea squatch Garibaldi

768E8850-342B-4812-897F-0DC4EFE698E1.png Facebook Marketplace Spokane. Possibly something you can work with.

3. Scuba Lawyer

Scuba Lawyer Manta Ray

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I appreciate the thought. Those tanks have a different bottom than mine, so not a match. But, those are interesting tanks. Someone may be able to fix them up.

Thanks, Mark

Sam Miller III likes this.
  4. couv

couv Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499