my diving life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another thing, about the manuals and things, i didnt get any of the slates or manuals for OW and AOW. do i need to buy the slates and things or what?

bringonblink:
ok NOW ive decided what im gonna do. when im 18 im gonna do my rescue and efr course somewhere in UK to get a feel for UK diving. if i find i can cope with it i'm gonna then do 5 specilties in UK and do some experience diving round UK till i get the master scuba diver rank. by then i will have around 50-75 logged dives and will know well the dive experience in uk. if i find it does not put me off i will go to turkey and complete my divemaster course, doing more diving on top of that to get me to the 150-250 logged dive range or more. then ill just dive for fun with mates in uk or canada or anywhere else i fancy. thanks for all the help

Sounds like a good plan. Dive for fun first, get some experience, then see what the future brings. If you are a fun diver, then you will make your training fun, if you do decide to become an instructor.

bringonblink:
another thing, about the manuals and things, i didnt get any of the slates or manuals for OW and AOW. do i need to buy the slates and things or what?
I got everything in all of my courses. Go and ask why you didnt. If they give some BS like "Well it was a cheap course" etc then go buy them. They are a useful reference in the future

Ok, i think im gonna buy the Open Water Manual and RDP for £25. Is it worth buying the Advanced Open Water Manual and slate for £25, because im not going to do anymore adventure dives, just specialty dives which are like a one up from adventure dives. so is it worth buying the advanced manual and slate?-

bringonblink:
Ok, i think im gonna buy the Open Water Manual and RDP for £25. Is it worth buying the Advanced Open Water Manual and slate for £25, because im not going to do anymore adventure dives, just specialty dives which are like a one up from adventure dives. so is it worth buying the advanced manual and slate?-
I like the Manual, but I don't think you need to buy the Slates.

If you are in the UK, Ebay is a great way to get cheap PADI books

Hey bringoblink, I would love to see you blogging your experience, it could be interesting to have the blog of the full "learning process"... PM if you are interested. :D

ScubaSarus:
Rescue is a great course to get under your belt. Your training will come together nicely in rescue. I wouldn't object to rescue being part of AOW.
I thought the Rescue course was one of the best courses I have taken. I recommend anyone to take that course. I think it makes divers think about diving differently.

/end 2cents

I think it's good to have at least 150 to 200 dives under your belt to engage in a DM course... I've seen DMs with less dives than me, and it's not that reasssuring !!

Back
Top Bottom