My first dive in the Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I think something has been wrong with my zipper. It's been SO much harder to zip and unzip than Peter's, despite my diligently waxing it and cleaning it meticulously after each dive. And the edges of the "flap" beneath the teeth have been fraying as well. The last dive I did this week, the suit leaked, and I suspect the zipper has failed. Something isn't right with it, so it's probably going to end up back at White's. Hopefully, they'll make it right.
I have noted fraying on my zipper as well even though it is only a couple months and maybe 10-15 dives old. Not frayed to the point of leaking, but more fraying than I have seen in the first 2-3 years or so with my previous dry suits. Its one of those things I associate with " Hmm...I'm going to need to replace that in a year or so" thoughts.

Yeah, I was having those "This isn't going to last as long as my other suits' zippers have" thoughts, but I never thought that it would only last about six months and under a hundred dives. I'm used to going through neck seals that fast, but not zippers.

Yeah, I was having those "This isn't going to last as long as my other suits' zippers have" thoughts, but I never thought that it would only last about six months and under a hundred dives. I'm used to going through neck seals that fast, but not zippers.

Hey TSandM,
This is the first I have hear of this type of problem with a Fusion, and without seeing the zipper it is hard for me to tell the cause. I would like to get the suit back to the factory ASAP to take a look. PM if you would like, let me know which dive center you purchased it through and we can get this issue resolved.

"There is only two ways to dive naked or dry" :devil_3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom