My first dive in the Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, dont you worry...It will be there in time:14: The shipping to ensure it would make it in time was higher than expected, so I decided to pick up the difference so my original quote will stand and we will pick up the overage :wink:

YOur probably not going to want anyone divng your suit after you have dove it...unless your on a surface interval...its that comfy!!:)

Mike rocks the house! The suit arrived today, and looks awesome. It's going to be a loooooooong few days until I can get out and dive it.

Oh, or I can always wear the Fusion with no undies in the warm June Caribbean.
Hey Lenmoster,
Keep in mind you always want to wear something as a wicking base layer under your new "FUSION". Whites will be coming out with a NEW MK0 bamboo based wicking layer that will be perfect for the tropics in 80+ degree waters. With its corresponding two way zipper in the front and zippered bum flap it will mate up with any of your existing Whites undergarment. Whether it is the NEW MK1 john, MK2 jacket/john or MK3 undergarment you will be good to go. There is always going to be two elements of moister in your dry suit, condensation and sweat. This new base layer won't provide you with a lot if any warmth but will protect you from that condensation and sweat, keeping you feeling dry and if you feel dry you are comfortable and warm. I am excited to see you are diving a fusion but also very jealous you are going to the Caribbean

PS: When are you heading to the Caribbean?

Cheers,
-Eric-

You guys are killing me...I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one!!!

*la la la la la la la la la la la*

I'm having exactly the same issue 8)

Yeah, I had to pack myself into my old suit last week and it was PAINFUL.

I can't get the last inch of the zipper done by myself. It's one of the only disappointments I have with the suit. I was hoping, since it was kind of similar to my Mobby's, that it would be truly self-donning, but for me it's not.
If there is enopugh room in the suit you can rotate things an inch or so. Try holding the zipper a few inches forward of the unzipped portion and pull it forward and use the other hand to zip the last inch or so.

The main zipper problem I have encountered is that the zipper and the protective zipper zip in opposite directions with not much room in between. Consequently, you have to be careful to ensure that you do not unzip the dry suit zipper when pulling the protective zipper closed and that can be fun with the area in question located on top of your right shoulder. My understanding is that Whites has changed the direction of the protective zipper on new suits.

The only other complaint I have is that the exhaust valve is a bit too far on the outside of the arm for easy adjustment.

Actually, I think something has been wrong with my zipper. It's been SO much harder to zip and unzip than Peter's, despite my diligently waxing it and cleaning it meticulously after each dive. And the edges of the "flap" beneath the teeth have been fraying as well. The last dive I did this week, the suit leaked, and I suspect the zipper has failed. Something isn't right with it, so it's probably going to end up back at White's. Hopefully, they'll make it right.

Actually, I think something has been wrong with my zipper. It's been SO much harder to zip and unzip than Peter's, despite my diligently waxing it and cleaning it meticulously after each dive. And the edges of the "flap" beneath the teeth have been fraying as well. The last dive I did this week, the suit leaked, and I suspect the zipper has failed. Something isn't right with it, so it's probably going to end up back at White's. Hopefully, they'll make it right.

Well that really stinks....

I too hope that they will make it right. I really think that they will.

Please keep us posted on it. (I am sure you will)

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom