My first FG trip on the Spree coming up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a sorry replacement but you wanna dive the lake this weekend? :wink: We'll be there Sunday around 10.

Hi Dee!!

Sounds a little like gran 'ol oprey, huh??

Surprise you should mention TL for Sunday at 10. I was just commenting to Ann a little earlier about what to do with this dive gear I've got ready to use. I guess the lake is as good a place as any. You gonna try out your new camera? Get the PT-015 yet??

I hopped onto the Oct 11th trip, so all may still be well. Now, three weeks of nightmares about 6 foot seas and another cancellation . . .

...that your trip this weekend was cancelled. I went last weekend and the seas were great. Some surface current getting down, but past about 30 feet, most of the dives were fine. Like Dee said, that's the Gulf of Mexico for ya! All I can say is keep trying.

I guess now may not be the time, but some of us saw a whale shark on the first morning dive at Stetson Bank on Sunday. It was about 20 feet long and we saw it at about 70 feet or so and was close enough to touch. This was my second whale shark to see in one year. Needless to say, I am feeling pretty lucky.

knobber once bubbled...
well, trip's been cancelled due to high seas, so I guess I have to wait until about April to find out what I'm missing :upset:

But I'm doing that knowing that the chances of a "go" are not real good. And APR is just a bit better. Link below give over 10 year of wave height data for the Bouy close to FGB. It's nice to have a feel for the chances when you plan trip - just to avoid unrealistic expectations.

http://seaboard.ndbc.noaa.gov/images/climplot/42019_wh.jpg

Can make it Sunday at 10 or so. better than yard work. Tommorow is college football. Go Hawkeyes(University of Iowa)

woo hoo! looks like this one is a go!! Can't wait! Will give you all a report on Monday

SeaOtter once bubbled...
I guess now may not be the time, but some of us saw a whale shark on the first morning dive at Stetson Bank on Sunday. It was about 20 feet long and we saw it at about 70 feet or so and was close enough to touch. This was my second whale shark to see in one year. Needless to say, I am feeling pretty lucky.

Can you come with me the next time I go to Vegas?? I could use some of that kind of luck! That's fantastic, SeaOtter -- I'm really happy for you! :)

ScubaTexan once bubbled...

Can you come with me the next time I go to Vegas?? I

You bet--I lived there for two years while in grad school. I know many, many of the secrets :wink:

Back
Top Bottom